Happy Saturday, y’all! It’s turning out to be a productive day for us and I’m thrilled to say some decluttering and cleaning and work are happening! We even snuck some exercise in this morning! 🙂
I don’t blog about these kind of topics because I claim to be an expert on homemaking, healthy eating, non-toxic cleaning or non-toxic options in general. However, these are all things I am passionate about and are part of my daily routine and I see my blog as an outlet for sharing what I find or learn. I know doing research about non-toxic products can be overwhelming and I’m always interested to hear what others are using, so I thought I’d share! This post will cater towards women but Corey uses a couple of the items listed. 🙂
Please know up front that some of these are products that I sell, but they are only items that I’ve tried and truly love. There are a few Norwex products that I’ve tried and didn’t love and for that reason I don’t share much about those. 😉 Sometimes I think it’s sad when we who are in sales have to make this disclaimer, but as I see many of my hard-working honest friends in sales, I trust that they wouldn’t be selling products unless they loved them. So I hope you know that’s where I’m at. 🙂
- Let’s jump right in! Toothpaste! Lately for toothpaste I’ve been loving the flouride-free Tom’s of Maine toothpaste in Peppermint. I get mine at Target and it’s under $5 which I’m a fan of. 🙂 I tried this same toothpaste but in the Spearmint flavor and was not a fan! It left a strange aftertaste in my opinion but that may just be a personal thing. I have tried A LOT of natural toothpastes and for my price range this is what’s working for me. 🙂
2. For toothbrushes I feel as though I’ve found an excellent option for life and as long as Norwex carries these I will be buying the refill heads. Both Corey and I have this toothbrush and I want to take a little time chatting about it. I’m adding some stats because I hadn’t thought much about the bacterial growth on my toothbrush bristles until I discovered this toothbrush.
According to research, the most common bacteria found on toothbrushes are the same ones that cause plaque, cavities, gingivitis and bad breath. And after I stopped to think about it, I realized that all the yucky bacteria in our mouths has nowhere to go once it’s in our toothbrush bristles. Not to mention the airborne bacteria in our bathrooms! Enter, the Norwex toothbrush.
I love that the removable heads elimate the need to throw away an entire toothbrush. They are designed to stay in place and mine has never fallen out, which I was concerned about. I use my refill head for 4-5 months before replacing. A few things about this toothbrush from the Norwex website…
- Antibacterial properties interrupt the survival of bacteria, viruses and fungi
- Helps reduce bacteria by self-sanitizing within hours
- Flexible nylon bristles clean teeth gently and effectively
- Gently curved handle provides non-slip grip
- Replacement head extends the life of your toothbrush!
I chose the medium bristles for both of us and the refill heads come in a pack of two that we only need to get twice a year (only once the first year since the toothbrush initially comes with two heads) and that covers both of our toothbrushes. While $20.99 may seem like a lot for a toothbrush, the 2 refills are only $14.99 for the set. This has proven to be well worth it for us, considering all the benefits.
Read more and purchase your own HERE —> https://amandafarnsworth.norwex.biz/en_US/customer/shop/product-detail/121610
3. If by any chance any menfolk are here, you can just skip this next section, lol. The struggle to find non-toxic options for that time of the month is real, y’all. I have tried SO. MANY. THINGS. Eventually I want to try a Diva Cup but I’m just not quite there yet. Here are my current favorites, which I get from Target. They are more affordable than many options out there and I’ve had a better experience with these than others I’ve tried.
The price for these range from $3.99 to $6.99 so I don’t feel like I’m breaking the bank. 🙂
4. Moving on to shampoo and conditioner! I have only tried the conditioner in this brand so far but I plan to get the shampoo soon. Again, keeping price down is important to me, so I don’t know that I’ll ever pay the price for the truly non-toxic “safe” shampoos and conditioners out there. These are $4.99 each and there’s no mineral oil, sulfates, parabens, silicone, phthalates, gluten, paraffin, propylene, PABA or DEA. So far the conditioner has been awesome so I’m looking forward to trying the shampoo, especially for this price! I find this brand at Target.
5. Deodorant…ok, can we all just raise our hands right now and agree that finding a natural deodorant is a struggle?! I truly hope I’m not the only one; otherwise I’m about to feel very alone in this endeavor. Again, I feel like I’ve tried SO. MANY. options for deodorant and THIS one is currently my favorite, recommended by a friend, so I cannot take credit for it! 🙂 It’s the roll-on natural deodorant by Real Purity. It absorbs smell and moisture and doesn’t leave a thick residue like many natural deodorants do. If you’re trying to stay away from aluminum in your deodorant and don’t know where to start in your search, I would definitely try this one. It’s aluminum-free and organic, and the ingredients are all listed on the website. Here’s a link for $5 off your purchase! https://www.realpurity.com/?ref=Nmtyd0kvSzhkWGc9
6. Face care (both by Norwex!) Body cloths to replace my face wash, makeup removal products and also for exfoliation, acne and blackheads…if that’s not saving $$$ I don’t know what is! 😀 I just use water with these and the embedded microsilver goes to work with self-purification properties against the mold, fungi and bacterial odor within 24 hours so that it’s ready to use again. I have a set of 3 (so does Corey) and we rotate our cloths every few days. 🙂 I LOVE the aloe-based face and neck gel because it’s a light moisturizer that doesn’t leave greasy residue. Highly recommend both of these. I got my moisturizer for free, and it’s lasted me well over 6 months, but if you’re not looking to pay that price, that’s totally understandable. Next on my list to try is the Acure Argan oil. 🙂
7. Body care (both by Norwex!) The Norwex body scrub mitt and shower gel give me major peace of mind! Skin is your body’s largest organ so it’s important to me to be aware of what I’m using on it! Derivatives from fruit sugar, sweet pineapple, coconut and lemon provide a light, citrusy scent (I always say it smells like Hawaii!) and a little goes a long way which I’m always in favor of. 🙂 The body scrub mitt with embedded microsilver means I don’t have to worry about all the bacteria that my loofah used to hold!
All four of the face and body care items can be found on my website if you want to read more. They are tried and true tested products for me and have a 60-day money-back guarantee. 🙂 http://www.amandafarnsworth.norwex.biz
Next up! Finding a natural shaving cream that I actually LIKE and a natural mascara that doesn’t break the bank! Suggestions welcome. 😉 Continue reading